The Parent and Citizens Association (P&C) is a group of parents and staff connected to Canning Vale Primary School and the Education Support Centre, who are actively involved in the school.
What do we do?
- Promote cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community
- Assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school or group of schools (including fundraising)
- Fostering of community interest in educational matters.
- Contribute to decision making at the school by representing the voice of families.
- Coordinate School Banking service from K to Year 6 and others.
- Organise school and community events such as Discos and the Family Picnic.
What do you get out of being on the P&C?
- An opportunity to discuss and be involved in decision making and opportunities at the school.
- To meet with senior staff members and other parents on a regular basis in an open forum.
- A greater understanding of how the school functions and the policies that impact on your child’s education.
- The reward of being actively involved in your child’s education.
What do you have to commit?
- The P&C meets twice per term
- At 6.30 PM on Tuesday evening at the staffroom at the school in weeks 3 and 8
- The roles of President, Vice President, Secretary, General Treasurer and Executive Committee members are open each year at the AGM – held in March.
- There is no pressure to do more than attend meetings – but for those who wish to contribute in other ways there are plenty of opportunities.
- The more people involved in the P&C, the more projects we can do to contribute to our school community
- Others choose not to attend meetings but volunteer at events throughout the year.
The P&C and is a great way to connect with the school and your child’s education by meeting with a group of active parents – who all enjoy a good laugh!